This is no April Fool
Our annexes are not built of brick . . .
So what are our annexes built from?: Structurally Insulated Panels
What are the key benefits of SIPs?
- The building is manufactured off-site and “flat-pack” garden room is delivered ready for quick and efficient construction.
- Minimal requirement for heating as high insulating properties provide incredibly low U values, down to 0.11w/m2K.
What are SIPs?
SIPs are formed using two sheets of Orientated Strand Board (OSB), sandwiching a rigid core of expanded polystyrene or injected polyurethane. The SIP panel is shown below in a diagram which demonstrates a full cross section of our building, both wall and flooring.
Do SIPs Cost More?
We manufacture all the Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) for our Garden Lodges, Garden Offices and Garden Studios in-house at our factory in Bedfordshire, where they are distributed all over the UK. This allows us to reduce costs and offer premium buildings at unbeatable prices.
Where are SIP panels used?
SIPs are used widely within the construction industry for many types of buildings, and are becoming more popular as people become aware of their distinct advantages.
Building with SIPs offer many environmentally friendly advantages, below are just some of the benefits of SIPS Garden Buildings:
- According to online reports, structurally insulated panels are 15 times more insulated than concrete.
- Both OSB and polyurethane materials could be recycled.
- The materials SIPs are made from are usually free from CFC’s and HCFC’s.
- SIPs have a o-zone depletion rating of zero.
- Minimal cold bridging and high insulation rating – keeping you warm in the winter and cooler in the summer months.
See how we build Granny Annexes
Discover our complete turnkey service.